I got a new book, Practically Raw: Flexible Raw Recipes Anyone Can Make by Amber Shea Crawley, and the first recipe I made was Apple Pie Smoothie – OH MY GODDESS!
Before I tell you the ingredients, let me tell you a little about Amber’s book.
This is my FAVORITE book so far out of the four raw books I have purchased, and here’s why:
- The recipes are flexible!
- Substitutions and Variations are offered, when can be.
- Some recipes can be raw or cooked. (for instance if a recipe calls for an item to be dehydrated and you don’t own one, like me, Amber tells you how to “cook” it.
- Nutritional values are given, such as calories, etc.
- Offers a large variety of recipes.
- Love Amber’s writing and just when you have a question about something – poof! – it’s right there on the page in a special block box.
Apple Pie Smoothie
This really does taste like apple pie and it’s very filling!
- Almond Milk
- Pitted Dates
- Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
Put in a high speed blender, I use a K-Tec Champ hp3 Blender, blend until smooth, and add ice if you want a thicker or cold smoothie.
This Smoothie was a Heavenly Bliss of a drink!